24th Street Water Treatment Plant Rehabilitation
Originally constructed in the 1950’s, the 24th Street Water Treatment Plant is a conventional water treatment facility that has the capacity to treat 140 MGD per day. This project rehabilitated the flocculation basins, sedimentation basins, filter valves, raw water inlet pipe, sludge blowdown pipeline inspection, main switchgear, and other electrical equipment.
Building on our successful history with the City of Phoenix, Kiewit fostered a strong working relationship with plant operators. Rehabilitation activities occurred while the plant remained fully operational and work was completed without interruption to delivery services. The majority of the contract was performed during a three-month shutdown of the plant. Kiewit had one month to perform prep work prior to the shutdown. The remainder of the work was performed during regular plant operations after the shutdown period.