I-15 Tropicana Project
The interchange of Interstate 15 (I-15) and Tropicana Avenue serves as one of the main gateways to the resort corridor and provides an essential connection for some of the Las Vegas Valley’s largest employment centers. The I-15 Tropicana project, sponsored by the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) and the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC), includes replacing the existing interchange and structures to widen and lengthen the Tropicana Avenue bridge over I-15 for increased capacity. Other improvements include:
- Replacing the existing flyover to allow for the widening of Tropicana Ave. over I-15 and to maintain existing connectivity.
- Adding HOV ramps to and from the south at Harmon Avenue, allowing HOV direct access to the Las Vegas Strip.
- Modifying signalized intersection and configuration of Dean Martin Drive and Tropicana Ave.to limit access to right-in and right-out.
- Modifying or add active traffic management (ATM) sites along I-15.
For additional project details, visit: https://www.nevadadot.com/projects-programs/road-projects/i-15-tropicana-project
The Kiewit team is comprised of key individuals and firms who are industry leaders in design and construction, with unique talents and requisite experience. Our team has completed more than 100 infrastructure-related projects in Nevada over the last 15 years and has long-standing relationships with NDOT, local jurisdictions, and the community.
To address the Project’s design challenges, Kiewit has selected a team of engineering and construction partners with recent, directly relevant NDOT experience.
Our Commitment To Inclusion
We’re building more than roads; we’re building opportunities. Kiewit believes in partnering and investing in the local, small, and diverse businesses in the communities where we work and live.
We will maximize opportunities for local, small, diverse, and veteran-owned businesses through:
Partnering with community and industry organizations focused on supporting small and diverse businesses
Actively seeking out local, small, and diverse businesses that will bring additional value to the projects we build for our clients
Building upon new and existing subcontractor relationships to foster long-term partnerships
Providing equitable opportunities for meaningful participation by local, small, and diverse businesses
Fostering the development and growth of existing and potential diverse business partners
Work With Us!
Kiewit believes in partnering and investing in the local, small, and diverse businesses in the communities where we work and live. We have a track record of meeting or exceeding participation goals on projects, locally and nationwide.
We are committed to meeting or exceeding the 20% DBE participation goal established for this project.
We evaluate companies on different criteria based on specific project requirements. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Safety performance
- Proven quality
- Insurance and bonding capability
- On-time performance
- Years in business
- Past performance with Kiewit or Client
- Value-added products or services
Take The First Steps
Click here to View all public Kiewit projects
Kiewit is committed to providing meaningful and safe opportunities for interested firms to engage with our team to access the information and resources necessary to foster participation in this project.
STAY TUNED! We hope to connect with you at one of our future general outreach sessions.
Small Business Resources
- For details about attaining Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification through the Nevada Unified Certification Program (NUCP), visit: https://ndot.dbesystem.com/Default.asp?TN=ndot or contact [email protected]
- State of Nevada Women, Minority, and Veteran Business Assistance Resource Page
- Nevada Department of Transportation DBE Program
- Nevada Small Business Development Center
- Nevada Women’s Business Center
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Regional Business Development Advisory Council (RBDAC)
- US Small Business Administration
- SCORE Las Vegas
- Nevada Minority Business Development Agency Business Center
- Southwest Region Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC)
- American Business Women’s Association (ABWA)
- Asian Chamber of Commerce (Las Vegas)
- eWomen’s Network – Las Vegas Chapter
- eWomen’s Network – Reno/Carson/Tahoe Chapter
- Nevada Hispanic Business Group
- Hispanic Engineer (Tech News and Info)
- Latin Chamber of Commerce of Nevada
- National Association of Multicultural Engineering Program Advocates (NAMEPA)
- National Association of Women Business Owners Southern Nevada (NAWBO)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada Supportive Services RiSE Program
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Urban Chamber of Commerce (Las Vegas)
- National Association of Minority Contractors
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Black Contractors Association (National BCA)
- Nevada Contractors Association
- Nevada Chapter AGC
- Western Regional Minority Supplier Development Council (WRMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise Council – West
- WTS Nevada Chapter
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
Covid-19 Resources and Support
Questions? Contact Us!
Contact us to learn about anticipated subcontract opportunities on the I-15 Tropicana project at [email protected].
Kiewit is committed to meeting or exceeding stated project participation requirements upon award of ongoing and upcoming Nevada Department of Transportation projects; assisting interested DBEs in obtaining bonding, lines of credit or insurance; providing interested DBEs information related to the plans, specifications and requirements for work to be subcontracted or supplied by these DBEs; assisting interested DBEs in obtaining necessary equipment, supplies, materials or related assistance or services; sub-dividing bid items into economically feasible work units to DBEs every advantage to quoting the project.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.