WMATA Station Platform Rehabilitation Program Phase 4 – Awarded WMATA Project
Kiewit Infrastructure Co. (KIC) was awarded a contract to provide Design-Build services to deliver Phase 4 of the WMATA Platform Rehabilitation Program.
WMATA STATION PLATFORM REHABILITATION PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Metro system has 45 outdoor rail stations constructed with concrete platforms over four decades ago. Over the years, many of the platforms have begun to deteriorate due to routine wear and tear combined with exposure to weather and de-icing agents. The Station Rehabilitation Program includes the repair and reconstruction of over 20 station platforms in multiple phases.
- Phases 1 and 2: Kiewit completed this project, which included the rehab of six Blue/Yellow Line stations and four Orange/Silver Line stations in Virginia.
- Phase 3: Kiewit was awarded the contract to repair and reconstruct six Green and Blue Line stations, mainly in Maryland: Greenbelt, College Park, Prince George’s Plaza, West Hyattsville, Addison Rd., and Arlington Cemetery.
- Phase 4 (Awarded to Kiewit Summer 2021): involves the rehabilitation of five (5) stations located along the Orange Line in Maryland – New Carrollton, Landover, Cheverly, Deanwood & Minnesota Ave Metrorail (Construction scheduled for Summer 2022)
As the station platforms are reconstructed, Metro is using the shutdown time to make improvements that enhance the customer experience with a higher level of safety, convenience and communication.
For more information about the Station Platform Rehabilitation Program, visit: https://www.wmata.com/service/rail/PlatformProject/Project-Details.cfm
PHASE 4 ANTICIPATED SUBCONTRACT OPPORTUNITIES
Kiewit is seeking diverse and local firms interested in construction subcontract opportunities on Phase 4 of the WMATA Platform Improvement Project.
- Bearings replacement (bridge)
- Ceiling tile replacement and repair
- Concrete repairs (bridge
- Edge Removal/Replacement
- Electrical Upgrades Station Wide
- Elevator/Escalator Improvements
- Fiber Optic Cable Installation
- Fire Alarm and Dry Standpipe Replacement
- Granite Edge Removal and Replacement
- Improvements to service rooms, breakrooms, and restrooms
- Paver Tile Replacement – platform, mezzanines, and ped. bridges
- Removal and Replacement of all signage
- Removal and Replacement of CCTV Systems
- Removal and Replacement of Public Address (PA) Systems
- Removal/Replacement of doors and storefront window systems
- Removal/Replacement of Lighting
- Removal/Replacement of platform wind screens
- Removal/Replacement of Public Information Displays (PIDs)
- Removal/Replacement of Roofing Systems
- Removal/Replacement of Skylights
- Safety Barriers/Railings (bridge)
- Structural Repairs to Roofs and Canopies
DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (DBE) GOAL AND CERTIFICATION INFORMATION
Kiewit is committed to meeting or exceeding the 22% DBE participation goal established for this project. Only the participation of minority and women-owned firms that have been certified by WMATA’s Office of Procurement and Materials as DBE’s can be counted towards satisfaction of the established goal. The Office of Procurement and Materials publishes an online DBE Directory, which provides information regarding available DBE’s in all or nearly all construction trades, as well as providers of all types of goods and services.
For details on the WMATA DBE certification process and requirements, visit:
For certification questions/issues, email: [email protected]
CONNECT WITH US FOR OPPORTUNITIES
STEP 3: Once your company information has been received through the Subcontractor Questionnaire, you will receive an invitation to bid via BuildingConnected for bid packages your company has expressed an interest in bidding.
Click here to View all Public Kiewit projects
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
Contact us to learn about anticipated subcontract opportunities on the WMATA Platform Improvement Project at: [email protected]