George Washington Memorial Parkway
GEORGE WASHINGTON MEMORIAL PARKWAY – NORTH SECTION REHABILITATION
Kiewit Infrastructure Co. (KIC) Kiewit Infrastructure Co. (KIC) is preparing to respond to the Request for Proposals issued by the Federal Highway Administration – Eastern Federal Lands Highway Division (EFLHD), in cooperation with the National Park Service (NPS) for the delivery of the George Washington Memorial Parkway Design-Build Project.
The proposed Design-Build project is for the reconstruction of approximately 7.5 miles of the northern section of the George Washington Memorial Parkway (GWMP) between Spout Run and the I-495/Capital Beltway, the reconfiguration of the existing roadway geometry at the Route 123 interchange to improve safety, and the rehabilitation of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) interchange in Fairfax and Arlington counties, Virginia. The GWMP from Spout Run to I-495 is a four-lane divided scenic parkway that also serves as a major commuter route between northern Virginia and Washington, D.C., carrying over 70,000 vehicles per day. The GWMP also provides access to several NPS recreational and historic sites along the Parkway.
The north section of GWMP was listed in the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) in 1995 for the commemoration of George Washington, engineering design, and landscape architecture.
SB / SDVOSB / SDB / WOSB / HUBZONE GOALS AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Register with SAM.gov!
To participate in government contracting, you must register your business in the federal government’s System for Award Management (SAM). For information on how to register visit: www.sam.gov.
This Project includes the following percentage goals (of the total construction value) for participation by subcontractors that are certified as Small Business (SB), Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB), or Historically Underutilized Business Zone qualified (HUBZone).
- Small Business (SB) – 45.25%
- Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) – 3%
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) – 3%
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) – 5%
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) – 5%
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone certified (HUBZone) – 3%
For information about certification programs and eligibility, visit: https://www.sba.gov/federal-contracting/contracting-assistance-programs/smalldisadvantaged-business or https://certify.sba.gov/.
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION
We’re building more than a road; we’re building opportunities. Kiewit believes in partnering and investing in the local, small, and diverse businesses in the communities where we work and live.
We are committed to maximizing opportunities for local, small, diverse, and veteran-owned businesses through:
- Actively seeking out local, small, and diverse businesses that will bring additional value to the projects we build for our clients
- Building upon new and existing subcontractor relationships to foster long-term partnerships
- Fostering the development and growth of existing and potential diverse business partners
- Partnering with community and industry organizations focused on supporting small and diverse businesses.
POTENTIAL CONTRACT OPPORTUNITIES*
Kiewit is seeking to engage firms interested in participating in the George Washington Memorial Parkway (GWMP) Design-Build Project. Potential scopes of work include (but are not limited to):
- Asphalt Paving
- Bridge Painting
- Concrete Supply
- Crack Injection
- Design Services
- Electrical Work
- Masonry Guardwalls
- Pipe Lining
- PPC Overlay
*Subcontract opportunities are contingent upon Kiewit being awarded the Project.
WORK WITH US!
Kiewit believes in partnering with and investing in the local, small, and diverse businesses in the communities where we work and live. We have a track record of meeting or exceeding participation goals on projects, locally and nationwide.
We evaluate companies on different criteria based on specific project requirements. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Safety performance
- Years in business
- Proven quality
- Past performance with Kiewit or Client
- Insurance and bonding capability
- Value-added products or services
Join our bidders list
STEP 1: Complete our Subcontractor Questionnaire to join our bidder’s list!
STEP 2: Create an account with Building Connected.
STEP 3: Once your company information has been received through the Subcontractor Questionnaire, you will receive an invitation to bid via BuildingConnected for available packages your company has expressed an interest in bidding.
Click here to View all Kiewit projects.
View Our Past Events
For additional information email: [email protected]
Kiewit is committed to providing resources, information, and support to local, small, and diverse businesses seeking opportunities to participate in the Project.
ORGANIZATIONS / RESOURCES FOR SMALL, LOCAL AND DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISES
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – VetBiz Portal
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Veterans Business Development Programs (VBDP)
- American Veteran Owned Business Association (AVOBA)
- National Veteran Business Development Council
- National Veteran Small Business Coalition (NVSBC)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- Syracuse University Institute for Veteran and Military Families
- Veterans and Military Business Owners Association (VAMBOA)
District of Columbia
- DC Chamber of Commerce
- DC Office of Small and Local Business Development
- Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GWHCC)
- Insurance Resources for DC Businesses
- South Atlantic Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC)
- Score DC
- Washington Area Community Investment Fund (WACIF)
- Washington, DC Small Business Development Center
- Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs (GOMA)
- Maryland Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Meridian Management Group, Inc. (MMG)
- Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation
- Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation (EDC)
- Prince George’s County Minority Business Development Division
- Prince George’s Financial Services Corporation
- Maryland Procurement Technical Assistance Center
- Arlington Economic Development
- Community Business Partnership
- Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Old Dominion University Veterans Business Outreach Center (ODUVBO)
- SCORE Central Virginia
- Virginia Business One Stop
- Virginia Department of Small Business & Supplier Diversity
- Virginia Procurement Technical Assistance Center
- Virginia Small Business Development Center Network
Kiewit Infrastructure Co. is committed to meeting or exceeding stated project participation requirements. We will maximize opportunities for local small and diverse firms through dividing work into economically feasible packages to ensure equitable and meaningful participation; Actively seeking out diverse businesses that will bring additional value to the project; Building upon new and existing subcontractor relationships to foster long-term partnerships; Fostering the development and growth of existing and potential diverse business partners, and Partnering with community and industry organizations focused on supporting small and diverse businesses.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
Contact us to learn about potential subcontract opportunities on the George Washington Memorial Parkway Project: [email protected]