ATMP Landside Improvements Project at LAX
Landside Improvements Project at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Kiewit Infrastructure West Co. (KIWC) is preparing to respond to the Request for Proposals issued by the City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) to provide Progressive Design-Build Services for the delivery of the Landside Improvements Project; a component of the Airfield & Terminal Modernization Program (ATMP) at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The purpose of the project is to develop a comprehensive ground transportation system for LAX.
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. For over 135 years, Kiewit’s construction and design engineering professionals have worked on some of the industry’s most complex, challenging and rewarding infrastructure projects – building airport, roadway, transit, and other transportation solutions that enhance and connect communities. Kiewit tackles important projects of every size, in any market. Delivering safe, high-quality projects through innovative execution methods is the foundation of our business and success.
AIRFIELD & TERMINAL MODERNIZATION PROGRAM (ATMP)
The Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Airfield and Terminal Modernization Project consist of several components that focus on airfield and terminal improvements and landside (roadway) improvements to help reduce airport-related congestion and back-ups on public streets. The program intends to elevate the passenger experience, improve the community experience, enhance airfield safety, and increase business opportunities.
LANDSIDE IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT AT LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (LAX)
The ATMP Landside Improvements Project is an integral component of the Airfield & Terminal Modernization Program. LAWA seeks to to develop a comprehensive ground transportation system at LAX that includes:
- Dedicated roadway access to the Central Terminal Area (CTA), including the new Terminal 9, with new elevated roadways
- New Automated People Mover train station at Terminal 9 which will link to regional mass transit
- Pedestrian corridor over Sepulveda Boulevard between Terminals 8 and 9
LAWA’s goals are to:
- Enhance the safety & efficiency of ground transportation systems at LAX
- Enhance user experience by reducing congestion and providing more user-friendly airport access
- Innovate the transportation technology systems
Project Procurement Schedule
The anticipated procurement timeline for the Project is as follows:
BUSINESS INCLUSION GOALS AND CERTIFICATION INFORMATION
Kiewit is committed to meeting the 15% Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal set forth by City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles World Airports for the Landside Improvements Project at LAX.
To count towards the participation goals, DBE firms must be certified by the California Unified Certification Program (CUCP).
For additional information on Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification, visit:
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION
We are committed to maximizing opportunities through:
- Actively seeking out local, small, and diverse businesses that bring value to the projects we build
- Building upon new and existing subcontractor relationships to create long-term partnerships
- Dividing work into economically feasible packages to ensure equitable and meaningful participation
- Fostering the development and growth of existing and potential diverse business partners
- Partnering with community and industry organizations focused on supporting small and diverse businesses.
POTENTIAL CONTRACT OPPORTUNITIES*
Kiewit is seeking to engage firms interested in participating on the Landside Improvements Project. Potential scopes of work include construction services as well as design and professional services (but are not limited to):
- Bridge design
- Design survey
- Landscape architecture
- Lighting design
- Pavement marking, signing, striping
- Roadway design
- Traffic modeling
- Traffic Signals
- Utility coordination
CONSTRUCTION SERVICES (PHASE 2 – ANTICIPATED 2023)
- Asphalt paving
- Bridge construction
- Cathodic protection
- Coatings – concrete/masonry
- Coatings – steel
- Concrete barriers
- Concrete paving
- Concrete pumping
- Concrete saw cutting
- Curb and gutter
- Drainage culverts
- Dumpster/trash service
- Erosion control
- Handrails, railing
- Joint sealant
- Landscaping and irrigation
- Maintenance of traffic – supply only
- Miscellaneous metals
- Ornamental metal
- Paints and coatings
- Quality assurance/quality control
- Reinforcing steel (rebar)
We also encourage participation by local, small, and diverse companies seeking to provide ancillary services, such as catering, printing, and office supplies.
* Sub-consulting/sub-contract opportunities are contingent upon contract award to Kiewit.
WORK WITH US!
Kiewit believes in partnering with and investing in the local, small, and diverse businesses in the communities where we work and live. We have a track record of meeting or exceeding participation goals on projects, locally and nationwide.
We evaluate companies on various criteria that may include, but is not limited to:
- Safety performance
- Years in business
- Proven quality
- Past performance with Kiewit or Project Owner/Agency
- Insurance and bonding capacity
- Value-added products or services
- On-time performance
JOIN OUR DATABASE!
To help us understand your capabilities and bidding interests and ensure that you are notified about upcoming project opportunities, complete the following:
STEP 1: Complete our Subcontractor Questionnaire
STEP 2: Create an account with BuildingConnected.
Once your company information has been received through the Subcontractor Questionnaire, you will be added to our project mailing list.
Kiewit will provide opportunities for interested firms to engage with our team to access the information and resources necessary to prepare for participation on this project.
Please mark your calendar for the upcoming virtual events:
April 28, 2022 (11:00 A.M. PDT)
DIVERSE SUBCONTRACTOR AND SUPPLIER OUTREACH / INFORMATION SESSION
Stay tuned for future informational sessions where our team will discuss subcontract and supplier opportunities associated with the project.
For additional information email: [email protected]
ORGANIZATIONS / RESOURCES FOR SMALL, LOCAL AND DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISES
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Veterans Business Development Programs (VBDP)
- Asian American Architects/Engineers Association
- Asian Business Association
- Associated General Contractors of California
- Black Business Association
- Black In The Valley
- Chinese American Construction Professionals
- Greater Los Angeles African American Chamber of Commerce
- Greater San Fernando Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Latin Business Association
- Los Angeles County Business Solutions Portfolio (2019)
- Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation
- Los Angeles County Procurement Technical Assistance Center
- Los Angeles Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Los Angeles MBDA Business Center
- Los Angeles Urban League
- National Association of Minority Contractors, Southern California
- National Association of Women Business Owners – Los Angeles
- National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development
- Regional California Black Chamber of Commerce San Fernando Valley
- SCORE L.A.
- Small Business Development Center hosted by College of the Canyons
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Southern California Minority Supplier Development Council
- The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development
- The Valley Economic Alliance
Kiewit is committed to meeting or exceeding stated project participation requirements. We will maximize opportunities for local small and diverse firms through: dividing work into economically feasible packages to ensure equitable and meaningful participation; providing timely notification of opportunities through various outreach methods; and partnering with industry and community assist agencies to provide support and resources to firms seeking assistance.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
Contact us to learn about potential subcontract opportunities on the Landside Improvements Project at LAX: [email protected].