Kiewit Power Nuclear (KPN) is committed to leading construction (EPC) efforts to support the 104 Operating Nuclear Power Plants in the United States. Kiewit will perform all of the activities required by any of the stations in a safe, high-quality and cost effective manner during the performance of any work assigned to the organization.
Expertise in construction activities is our business. The safe, high-quality, cost effective and timely delivery of services is the lifeblood of our organization. Senior and executive level management oversight and commitment to the utility is the most important bond that will be created amongst all of the shareholders and partners of the activities within any utility we serve. Every owner we enter a contract with has the commitment necessary to ensure the best possible candidates are made available for the work. Kiewit is an employee-owned company; this means our key managers and supervisors have a vested interest in making every project a success. Kiewit principals understand crucial operations and possess the knowledge and the skills required for the development of successful project teams. Kiewit has the experience and is proficient in many areas, such as:
- Safety – It is our highest priority; “No one gets hurt” is our Mantra
- QA Program - Kiewit has a utility NUPIC audited Appendix B program, a fully endorsed (by the ANIS) and audited NQA-1-2008, Spring 2009 addenda ASME Section III requirements
- Experience – Kiewit has more than 127 years of excellence in the construction industry with operations throughout North America
- Core Team – The management team of Kiewit Power Nuclear is comprised of many individuals that have performed work at nuclear plants throughout the United States – from original construction and maintenance and modifications activities through numerous outages (including one world record 14 day outage at a Nuclear Plant in Alabama), restart of a mothballed plant and a number of steam generator replacements – to name a few of the accomplishments of the team
- Training Program – Training manager has more than 30 years of experience at Nuclear facilities; training programs are based on SAT process; individuals will be assigned to work at a Nuclear facility after attending a rigorous training program required by Kiewit
- Task Managed – Kiewit maintains a strong focus on job planning, safety, quality, and procurement coordination, resulting in total process efficiencies and high productivity
- Labor Strategy – Kiewit has worked with labor throughout the United States and Canada and is signatory on most construction agreements in the country. Kiewit has experience attracting and retaining a talented labor workforce. Kiewit has trained, degreed engineers (CE, ConE., ME & EE) in management and supervision of construction and support operations. Increased oversight of work leads to proactive intervention and excellence in safety and quality
- Cost/Budget Certainty – Kiewit has performed EPC contracts throughout the United States with tremendous success. The last 20 power plant projects performed by Kiewit have been completed on time and under budget.
- ASME – KPN has the ANIIS (Authorized Nuclear Inspector Instructor Supervisor) endorsement of our Nuclear Quality Assurance Manual
- Procedures – KPN has more than 122 active implementation procedures
- N Stamp Program – KPN has completed our N stamp demonstration test for ASME certification for N, NA, NPT, and NS stamps
- Bench Strength –KPN has trained more than 300 employees with 2-day training and subsequent comprehensive examinations to the rigors of Nuclear expectations per NANtel
Kiewit will always comply with all Nuclear Station requirements. Or, as described earlier, Kiewit has approved procedures and processes which can be implemented at the utilities’ discretion.