Kiewit Pacific Co., a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation, is performing the project listed below as a prime contractor and is seeking participation by Minority Business Enterprises (MBE), Woman Business Enterprises (WBE) and all other business enterprises (OBE) as subcontractors, material contractors and equipment, material or service suppliers.
Project Name: Pine Tree Wind Project Facility, RFP No. 139-07
Owner: Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Contract Award Date: October 1, 2007
Scheduled Project Completion: September 2009
The Pine Tree Wind Farm Project is a design-bid-build project. The Balance of Plant (BOP) portion of the project involves heavy civil work including 35 miles of gravel roads, 80 wind turbine foundations, electrical collection system, a finished prefabricated metal building and wind turbine generator erection. The project is located in Kern County, California approximately 15 miles northeast of Mojave.
You are invited to contact our office to discuss the progress of the project and to inquire about potential remaining opportunities for participation by MBE, WBE and OBE subcontractors, material suppliers and/or equipment suppliers.
- Responsive subcontractors and material contractors will be required to demonstrate their ability to provide acceptable General Liability, Auto Liability and Workers’ Compensation coverage with an insurance carrier rating of "AM Best's" Rating of A-:VII or better.
- Performance Bond and Payment Bond or Supply Bond in the full amount of the subcontract or material contract will be required in accordance with contracting requirements.
- A State of California Contractor’s license is required of all subcontractors.
- Subcontractors shall perform their work with union labor and may be required to sign a Project Labor Agreement.
Kiewit Pacific Co. intends to conduct itself in good faith with all MBE, WBE and OBE firms regarding participation on this and all projects. Please let us know if your company is interested in this project or wishes to be included in our vendor database by completing the attached Contractor Questionnaire and submitting it to:
- Kiewit Pacific Co.
- Rebecca A. Manning
- 10704 Shoemaker Ave.
- Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- (562) 946 1816
- (562) 946-3823 Fax